The debate is over and here is the results of this amazing first round that left us with great picks, plus some head shaking moments. My favorite pick was Leonard Floyd to the Bears. Most of these picks were very good. Day two of the NFL Draft will continue at 7pm on 4/29/16, where rounds 2 and 3 will take place.
- Los Angeles Rams – Jared Goff – QB – California
- Philadelphia Eagles – Carson Wentz – QB – North Dakota State
- San Diego Chargers – Joey Bosa – OLB – Ohio State
- Dallas Cowboys – Ezekiel Elliot – RB – Ohio State
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Jalen Ramsey – CB/S – FSU
- Baltimore Ravens – Ronnie Stanley – OT – Notre Dame
- San Francisco 49ers – DeForest Buckner – DE – Oregon
- Tennessee Titans – Jack Conklin – OT – Michigan State
- Chicago Bears – Leonard Floyd – OLB – Georgia
- New York Giants – Eli Apple – CB – Ohio State
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Vernon Hargreaves III – CB – Florida
- New Orleans Saints – Sheldon Rankins – DT – Louisville
- Miami Dolphins – Laremy Tunsil – OT – Ole Miss
- Oakland Raiders – Karl Joseph – S – West Virginia
- Cleveland Browns – Corey Coleman – WR – Baylor
- Detroit Lions – Taylor Decker – OT – Ohio State
- Atlanta Falcons – Keanu Neal – S – Florida
- Indianapolis Colts – Ryan Kelly – C – Alabama
- Buffalo Bills – Shaq Lawson – DE – Clemson
- New York Jets – Darron Lee – OLB – Ohio State
- Houston Texans – Will Fuller – WR – Notre Dame
- Washington Redskins – Josh Doctson – WR – TCU
- Minnesota Vikings – Laquon Treadwell – WR – Ole Miss
- Cincinnati Bengals – William Jackson III – CB – Houston
- Pittsburgh Steelers – Artie Burns – CB – Miami (FL)
- Denver Broncos – Paxton Lynch – QB – Memphis
- Green Bay Packers – Kenny Clark – DT – UCLA
- San Francisco 49ers – Joshua Garnett – OG – Stanford
- Arizona Cardinals – Robert Nkemdiche – DE – Ole Miss
- Carolina Panthers – Vernon Butler – DT – Louisiana Tech
- Seattle Seahawks – Germain Ifedi – OT – Texas A&M
Biggest Reach: Eli Apple to the Giants. Out of all the players at number ten, the Giants take Apple. Why didn’t they just draft Vernon Hargreaves III if they wanted a corner that bad?
Biggest Drop: Myles Jack from UCLA falling out of the entire first round. Sad to see this happen to a top three talent. He will prove all these teams wrong and show that he is here to stay. The two teams to lookout for are the Cowboys and Buccaneers early in the second round.
Biggest Steal: Laremy Tunsil to the Dolphins. The Dolphins fill their hole at the right tackle position. A potential number one pick goes to number 13 due to off-field problems, but overall a steal with Tunsil’s talent level.
Biggest Shocker: The 49ers trading back into the first round and selecting Joshua Garnett at pick number 28. Garnett is a great run blocker, which the Niners needed help at the guard spot, but Myles Jack for a cheaper price was there. They could have taken Jack and placed him next to NaVarro Bowman in the inside. The Niners could have selected Garnett in the second round or trade back up into the second round.
Biggest Winner of the Draft: The Jaguars are the biggest winner so far in the draft as they got the best available player at pick number five. Ramsey makes that defense more flexible and dynamic.
Biggest Loser of the Draft: The Cleveland Browns are the biggest losers so far in the draft. They trade back again to take a wide receiver that has no one to throw him the ball, plus they passed up on a really good offensive tackle in Taylor Decker, who they could have used to fix up that offensive line, but Coleman is a nice pickup because of his skill set and speed. Not the player, it is just what the Browns did after all of those trades.