This NFL mock draft is my third edition and the draft order is set 1-20 before the Monday night game between the Green Bay Packers and Philadelphia Eagles. Teams ordered 21 through 32 are ordered by Bleacher Report records and predictions of what will happen in the playoffs if the season ended today. Lastly, each pick’s analysis will be at the end.
- Cleveland Browns – Deshaun Watson – QB – Clemson
- San Francisco 49ers – Myles Garrett – OLB – Texas A&M
- Chicago Bears – Jabrill Peppers – S/LB – Michigan
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Jonathan Allen – DT – Alabama
- New York Jets – Dalvin Cook – RB – FSU
- Cincinnati Bengals – Mike Williams – WR – Clemson
- Tennessee Titans – Marlon Humphrey – CB – Alabama
- Carolina Panthers – Cam Robinson – OT – Alabama
- Arizona Cardinals – Mitch Trubisky – QB – North Carolina
- Green Bay Packers – Leonard Fournette – RB – LSU
- Indianapolis Colts – Tim Williams – OLB – Alabama
- San Diego Chargers – JuJu Smith-Schuster -WR – USC
- New Orleans Saints – Derek Barnett – DE – Tennessee
- Tennessee Titans – John Ross – WR – Washington
- Cleveland Browns – Jamal Adams – S – LSU
- Buffalo Bills – Malik McDowell – DE – Michigan State
- Philadelphia Eagles – Marshon Lattimore – CB – Ohio State
- Pittsburgh Steelers – Rueben Foster – ILB – Alabama
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Teez Tabor – CB – Florida
- Denver Broncos – O.J. Howard – TE – Alabama
- Washington Redskins – Desmond King – CB – Iowa
- Miami Dolphins – Dan Feeney – OG – Indiana
- Kansas City Chiefs – Dorian Johnson – OG – Pittsburgh
- New York Giants – Zach Cunningham – LB – Vanderbilt
- Houston Texans – Malik Hooker – S – Ohio State
- Baltimore Ravens – Taco Charlton – OLB – Michigan
- Detroit Lions – Cordrea Tankersley – CB – Clemson
- Atlanta Falcons – Carl Lawson – DE – Auburn
- Seattle Seahawks – Ryan Ramczyk – OT – Wisconsin
- New England Patriots – Lowell Lotulelei – DT – Utah
- Oakland Raiders – Quincy Wilson – CB – Florida
- Dallas Cowboys – Charles Harris – DE – Missouri
1. Watson goes number one. Browns cannot pass up on his talent and potential. Yes, his interceptions are high, but Winston’s were too and he has been fine in the NFL. This is the quarterback that ends the quarterback circus in Cleveland. Now, Kessler will battle him for the job in camp.
2. The Niners add the best defensive prospect in the draft. They get back to that physical style of D. Pass rushers in San Francisco are young except Brooks, who might be on his way out. The Niners defense is young with Armstead, Buckner, Lynch getting after the quarterback. This defense will shock many NFL fans soon.
3. The Bears get their quarterback in the second-round in Kizer and take the best available player in Peppers, who will play a Deone Bucannon similar like role. The Bears get faster, smarter, and more physical on defense with this kid.
4. The Jaguars should be done adding defensive linemen after drafting Allen. Malik Jackson and Jonathan Allen sounds filthy and it will be alongside Fowler and Odrick, plus the backup defensive ends.
5. Cook is my number one running back and the Jets need to start thinking about the future running back, as they run the ball a lot. Forte gets older and he will start to slow down. Cook does it all and is elusive. He will run inside or outside. The Seminole only goes one way and that’s straight.
6. A.J. Green needs a robin next to him and they land the best receiver in the draft. Boyd becomes the team’s slot receiver. Williams is the most complete receiver and makes the Bengals more of a powerhouse in the passing game.
7. Humphrey continues to climb up my boards. Perrish Cox was just released and the cornerback group looks really weak. Humphrey starts day one.
8. The Panthers have holes at the defensive end spot, cornerback spot, and offensive tackle spot. They take the best tackle in the draft and this is Newton’s blindside protector.
9. This is the draft where the Cardinals start thinking about the future at the quarterback position, as they take Trubisky. He is my number one quarterback, but drops behind Watson, as I feel that the Browns prefer Watson.
10. Fournette drops due to his injury concerns and the Packers move on from Lacy and get the next Adrian Peterson. The Packers and Aaron Rodgers have looked bad without a steady running game.
11. Colts address their defense, which has been horrible since the Manning days. Williams is the future in Indy with Mathis’ career coming to an end. They have some key youngsters from the previous drafts, but this is the pick that starts to show the turn around, as pass rushers are the pieces you need to have a successful defense, then the secondary shows up.
12. Allen is always hurt and the Chargers are using backups in the starting lineup at the wide receiver position, despite them playing well. Smith-Schuster, Allen, and Benjamin sounds like one of the best route running trios in the whole league.
13. The Saints add one hell of a player in Barnett. Their defense quickly turns around and gives the fans some hope with the youngsters on that defensive line.
14. The Titans have good receivers that are good enough, but Mariota gets his main guy in John Ross, who has amazing speed and will be fun to watch in an interesting offense that will quickly turn into a powerhouse.
15. The Browns pick up an instant starter in Adams. The next Honey Badger, but bigger. Cleveland needs this LSU product in their secondary.
16. Kyle Williams is near the end, Dareus needs a new partner and McDowell is the man to get the chance to take over Williams role.
17. The Eagles secondary is still questionable and landing Lattimore stops the major leak in the secondary.
18. The Steelers have to eventually replace Timmons and Foster from Alabama is the man to do so, plus Timmons is a free agent.
19. The Bucs land Tabor, who was Hargreaves teammate in college and now you reunite the dominant duo. Verner could be a cap casualty and Grimes will only have one year on his deal after the 2016 season, plus Grimes is older too. Scouts say Tabor is actually better than Hargreaves.
20. The Broncos get the best tight end and fill a hole on the offense. Howard is a good receiver due to his athleticism and speed, but is a great blocker that lays out defenders with his strength.
21. Norman, Breeland, and King will be a nice trio in the Redskins secondary. King is a working man, who is the most physical corner in the draft, plus the Redskins love physical players.
22. Albert is going to be a cap casualty after this season and Tunsil will be moved to the left tackle position and Feeney will jump right into the left guard spot. By doing so, the Dolphins have one of the best young left-side duos in the league on the offensive line.
23. The Chiefs get meaner and nastier in the trenches by bringing in a solid guard. Johnson would challenge one of the guards on the roster instantly for a starting spot.
24. Giants finally get to bolster up their linebacker corps with the best traditional 4-3 linebacker in the draft. Cunningham can play both inside or outside.
25. The Texans safety group is to up and down. Hooker is the perfect player to fix that problem. The safety group is the weakest on the defense. Hooker will cover the top of the defense watching over the backs of his teammates.
26. Taco solidify his first-round status after recording four sacks against the Ohio State Buckeyes to finish off a great college career. Ravens get a future star. He will play behind Dumervil and Suggs for a short time, as both are old and their careers are going to an end.
27. Tankersley has had a great college career and is scared of no receiver. Slay gets his partner and later in the draft, the Lions can finish off the missing defensive line piece to turn the defense around.
28. Carl Lawson is joining a defense that still needs pass rush help after spending big picks at the pass rushing spot. Lawson should be the final piece to the young defensive line.
29. The Seahawks have no offensive line, as the Buccaneers demolished the Seahawks offensive line by getting six sacks and more than 10 pressures on Russell Wilson. Ramczyk has the chance to start day one and maybe even start as the team’s starting left tackle.
30. Patriots pick up Lowell, who is a nice run stopper with more of a pass rush ability than his brother Star, who plays for the Panthers. Branch is getting older and they should look at addressing this area.
31. Wilson has emerged out of the water this year and has been shadowed by his teammate Teez Tabor. Raiders pick up a sleeper at the cornerback position.
32. Cowboys add another pass rusher with the lack of results from others and former draft picks. Harris is a solid pass rusher and a big pick up to help Rod Marinelli’s front four.